This article describes how to add contacts and edit contact information in AlertSense.
An Internal Member is an individual who can receive alerts within your organization. Their only role is to receive and respond to alerts sent through AlertSense.
These members won’t be able to initiate an alert. A separate entry will need to be made for any Internal Member who will also be an Administrator. That entry is made under Administrator Passwords.
An organization can manage unlimited Internal Members. Member information includes critical contact paths such as email, text and voice devices, priority of devices, and group membership.
Accessing the Internal Members Page
- To access the Internal Members maintenance page, click Manage Contacts on the left-hand side of the Dashboard.
Adding a Contact
- Click the Add Member tab.
- Complete the form with or without the optional fields. Required fields are marked by an asterisk.
- Include the following for best delivery results to your Internal Members:
- Cell Phone
- Secondary Cell/Pager
- Home Phone
- Business Phone
- You do not need to know who the provider is for the cell phones that you enter. Simply click the Find Provider link next to the Phone fields to have us find the provider for you. If the provider is not populated, select the proper provider using the dropdown menu.
The Priority Order of contact, located at the bottom of the Contact Devices section, can be changed once the Internal Member has been added manually.
- Assign the new Internal Member to the groups that they should be associated with for alerts and notifications by single clicking the group on the left, under Available Groups. This will add them to the group. All groups on the right, under Selected Groups, are assigned to the Internal Member.
- To remove a contact from a group, single click on that group under Selected Groups to move that group back to Available Groups.
4. Click Submit to save the Internal Member to the system.
Editing ContactsModifying an Internal Member
- Navigate to Manage Contacts from the Dashboard and use the search fields to locate the individual by searching for their name, email address, cell phone, or agency.
- Click Enter on your keyboard or FIND on the right-hand side of your screen.
- Once you have located the Internal Member, you can modify any information as needed.
- At the bottom of the screen, you can also see all the alerts that Member has received and click each alert for more details.
Deleting an Internal Member
- Locate them using search tools
- Click the link on the right-hand side. A pop-up will ask you to confirm that you want to delete the member.
Caution: Once members are deleted, you will not be able to select them to receive alerts. The Alert History will show a grayed out name for that individual for any alerts they received in the past to maintain the data's integrity.
You can export Group and Internal Member lists by using the Member List Download.
You can upload lists that you create using the Member List Upload link. There are details and a sample file you can refer to if you wish to maintain lists using this feature.
Warning: If contacts and admins are managed through one of our automated or FTP upload processes, the Member List Upload feature should not be utilized.