Product Updates for November 15th, 2021
New Features and Functionality
- The Send Alert form has two new capabilities:
- Send Geotargeted Emergency alerts to MyAlerts app users.
- Senders can now choose to included a link to a web page with more information. The link will automatically be included at the end of the text message.
Improvements and Optimizations
- Resolved an issue that was preventing the web page with more information from being included in the Public Alerting RSS feed when no Public Subscribers were targeted.
- Resolved an issue that caused a scheduled alert to be requeued, resulting in the same alert being delivered multiple times.
- The details page of an Emergency Telephone Notification Alert now indicates if the Alert is still in progress or completed.
Failed attempts for users to log into the system will now be rate limited according to industry-accepted standards and best practices.
New Features in Action
Send Emergency Alerts to MyAlerts app users
Watch this video to see how to send an Emergency Alert to MyAlerts app users through the web application