This article will describe how to manage your Konexus profile's social media accounts.
The name AlertSense may appear in some of these screenshots. This is the brand name for Konexus in the government sector.
Updating Current Social Media Accounts
- From the drawer, click Manage Social Media.
- Any social media accounts that have been set up will appear in this section.
- If you haven't connected any social media accounts to Konexus yet, you can also access the Manage Social Media page from the Alert Form. Under the Social Media section on the Alert Form, click the link to navigate to the Manage Social Media Accounts page.
- Please note that navigating away from the Alert Form will result in losing any progress on the form. If you will need to save your work on the Alert Form, we recommend saving an Alert Form as a template to prevent losing work when you need to navigate away from the page.
- Accounts that need to be reauthorized (Facebook only) will display in red. A link is provided to re-login to each account to validate permission to post.
If necessary, you can also delete accounts from the Social Media Accounts card by clicking the Delete link.
Adding a New Social Media Account
To add a new Social Media Account from this section, click the Add New Social Media Account link.
From the Add a New Account screen, choose whether you are adding a Facebook or Twitter account.
Add a Facebook Account
Warning: Be sure to select the PAGES that you have access to with your Facebook login so alerts will not be posted to your personal account.
- To authorize and associate a new Facebook account, click the Add button next to Facebook under Account Type.
- Once you click Add, a pop-up will appear prompting you to log in to Facebook.
Note: If you do not see this pop-up, be sure you have pop-ups enabled for this page.
- Follow the prompts to select the page you want to authorize Konexus to post to.
- Manage the actions that Konexus will be allowed to do with your Facebook page by using the toggle button to enable or decline specific options.
- Click Done when you have given Konexus the permissions you wish to give it.
- Click OK when a pop-up appears to tell you that you've linked the social media account.
Note: AlertSense may not work properly if you turn off these actions.
- Select the page that Konexus will post to, NOT your personal account. Click OK.
- You will return to the Accounts List, which will show you your connected social media accounts.
- To authorize and associate a new Twitter account, click the Add button next to Twitter under Account Type.
- When adding a Twitter account, only the login username and password is prompted.
Warning: If you see an error stating "Access to api.twitter.com was denied", clear your web browser's cache and cookies for the Twitter website. Instructions from Twitter are available on their website.
Deleting a Social Media Account
- From the Accounts List, locate the account you wish to delete.
- Select the Delete link next to the account's name.
- Confirm that you want to delete the account.
Sending an ETN through Social Media Channels
- Once social media accounts are added, you can include those accounts with any Public or ETN Notification by checking the box next to the social media accounts you want to include with the alert. To learn more about sending an ETN through social media channels, read "How to Send a Public Notification via ETN and Social Media."
- If screenshots in the linked "How to Send a Public Notification via ETN and Social Media" do not match your web UI, try this help article instead: "How to Send a Public Notification via ETN and Social Media New."